Episode talk page
The higher the fewer
- "If viewed on a display with no overscan it can be seen that Majel Barrett is infact wearing clothing on set during the nude scene."
Now, I'm not as much of an A/V nerd as i was when i was a young boy in the VCR era -- is there something wrong with me for not even understanding what this means? or why its here? -- Captain M.K.B. 17:27, 3 July 2006 (UTC)
- The Wikipedia article on Overscan can answer this question. -- Answered on 11 August 2006
- I don't believe this is actually true. I have a widescreen TV. I also have spent time as an amateur editor. I've viewed my own dvds of full-frame footage and have noted in the past that I can see the entire active picture on this television. Therefore, if Lwaxana had visible clothing beyond the traditional "action safe" rectangle, I would see it, as I do with my own footage. I just stepped through the whole sequence and not once can I see any clothing. Someone may have just assumed this was true and noted it here for attention. I suggest removing it unless we can get an image to support it. I cannot provide such an image from the DVD release because it is not there. --Buster Kincaid 03:32, 3 October 2006 (UTC)
The Wind Dancer
I reverted the edit that said Dustin Diamond played the wind dancer. On the Parallax colony holograms page it says the IMDb is incorrect about this, so until someone can confirm that Diamond did play the part, the actor remains unknown - Bridge 16:06, 8 October 2007 (UTC)
- It was previously established that Dustin Diamond did not play the role. -- Sulfur 19:05, 8 October 2007 (UTC)
- And again, he did NOT play that role, no matter what other sites on the internet state. --Jörg 21:53, 26 January 2009 (UTC)
- Right after Lwaxana meets Alexander, Picard and Riker are walking together. The tip of a microphone can be seen above them and right after Riker looks :directly at it.
- Toward the end of the episode when Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) and Brent Spiner (Data) are in the turbolift bound for the :Bridge, Patrick Stewart is clearly wearing only three pips.
- If viewed on a display with no overscan it can be seen that Majel Barrett is, in fact, wearing clothing on set during the nude scene.
- The voice-overs that give the effect of telepathic communication between Lwaxana and Deanna were edited in; one can hear abrupt changes and drops in :Lwaxana's speech. The actress is leaving blank spaces as if reacting to telepathic communications that non-telepaths do not hear.
wow...there sure were a lot of nitpicks in this episode – Morder 20:20, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
- Today, removed a readded reference to clothing seen in the nude scene.--31dot 21:06, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
This is possibly the first mention of online dating in pop culture history (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_dating_service#Pop_culture for more). Lwaxana agrees to marry Campio before even meeting him, having only exchanged profiles. In 1992, when this episode aired, such things hadn't been invented yet. Where in the Article could such a reference be inserted? --Brumagnus 08:15, June 8, 2010 (UTC)