Removed Russian flag text
I removed the following:
- The flag of Russia was red with a yellow hammer and sickle.
There is an insignia (which I don't believe is ever visible in episode) which has this flag. However this insignia is a real world object related to the Soviet/French flight of the Soyuz T-6 in 1982. On the insignia patch are the Soviet (not Russian) and French flags.--Hribar 05:35, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
- Agreed. We'll probably be weeding things like that out for awhile, because Airtram added TONS of stuff from those patches, and tons of real world information completely irrelevant to MA and never mentioned in canon, so much that it was impossible for anyone to follow him around to fix stuff. --OuroborosCobra talk 05:53, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
I removed the sidebar from this article, because as far as I'm aware Russia's government structures were never discussed in canon. Sidebar government is meant to summarise info from the article, not act as a back door to adding real world info.– Cleanse ( talk | contribs ) 23:56, February 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Especially since there is evidence that, at least in Trek, the Soviet Union is around in some form. --OuroborosCobra talk 00:00, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
- The argument can be made that Russia was only part of the USSR, not the whole thing, so references to Russia directly do still apply, like the Russia Space Agency. The ISS is post Berlin wall either way, so should be returned. - Archduk3 22:00, November 21, 2013 (UTC)
- Along with the United States of America, it bordered directly against the International Date Line.
This sentence refers to a map that was retconned. The global map as seen in the remastered "The Cage" may or may not have this information. Best play is to omit this information.Lakenheath72 (talk) 22:16, January 31, 2015 (UTC)