Episode talk page
According to the on-screen credits for this episode, as broadcast yesterday on during the marathon on SciFi, the writing credits are simply "Written by Fred Dekker". This article for this episode indicates the following:
Teleplay By Fred Dekker
The page for this episode at StarTrek.com credits Dekker with the Teleplay, but makes no mention of "Story By" credits.
- Greg, I know this may sound odd, maybe even unlikely, but SciFi Channel, Spike, TVLand, etc., make very odd cuts to episodes when they're broadcast, sometimes just one line of dialogue resulting in two seconds of removed footage. It's entirely possible that SciFi cut a line that was spoken at the exact moment the "Story by" credit appeared and it went bye-bye along with the line. I've seen this happen to director credits on episodes of Voyager. Of course, that wouldn't explain its absence from startrek.com. Best to track down someone with a DVD and see what it says on the complete, uncut print. - Bridge 03:19, 28 May 2008 (UTC)
- I've checked my DVD and it says: Written by Fred Dekker, Directed by Les Landau. – Tom 03:42, 28 May 2008 (UTC)
- Sounds to me like it's just a mistake then. - Bridge 03:45, 28 May 2008 (UTC)
- I think so. I've changed it. Perhaps someone misinterpreted the credits on IMDb wrong, where Braga and Berman are listed for every episode, as the shows creators. ;) – Tom 03:49, 28 May 2008 (UTC)
Glad we figured that one out!
BTW, I know they do some strange things sometimes to fit in an extra commercial or two, but this couldn't have been the result of an edit because the credit said "written by", not either "story by" or "teleplay by" as it would if it had been both and one was removed. — Greg (talk) 02:31, 29 May 2008 (UTC)
Previous klingon apperances
In this episode Archer said the enterprise has encountered klingons 3 times before in which episodes did these happen, i remember two appearances, broken bow and unexpected, when was the 3rd time? – The preceding unsigned comment was added by CaptainBlaine (talk • contribs).
- ARCHER: I think I might have made a tactical error dealing with the Klingon woman. I asked her for help. She could see that as a sign of weakness.
- TUCKER: You been boning up on your Klingon psychology?
- ARCHER: We've run into them three times, and every time they've wanted to destroy us. I'd love to figure out why.
- In context, I think Archer is counting this encounter as one of the three times. – Cleanse 00:34, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
I am watching this episode now, and the part where Reed is discussing his illness with Phlox, he mentions "five months ago in spacedock" does anyone think this could be a good case to say that this episode takes place at some point in September? Certainly, it could be 'speculative' and that five months ago could be an estimation, but considering they departed in April of 2151 and he specifically states five months and "Cold Front" and "Silent Enemy" took place in September...just a thought. --Terran Officer 21:16, March 11, 2010 (UTC)