In what episode was Vic referred to as "optronic"? -- might be a useful addition to the article. -- Captain M.K.B. 14:44, 21 July 2006 (UTC)
- I couldn't find any in-episode reference. DarkHorizon added it 4.5 years ago. I doubt it means anything at all other than "regular hologram", which are all optronic. Incite added and comment on DarkHorizon's Talk: page. --TribbleFurSuit 16:45, 8 June 2008 (UTC)
- From "His Way": "I know what you're thinking. Sweet pipes for a light bulb. That's what I am, right? A collection of photons and force fields. Your basic hologram." Nothing out of the norm there. --Alan 17:42, 8 June 2008 (UTC)
- This is the only hologram identified as an "optronic hologram". For consistency's sake, why don't we delete "optronic", if it doesn't mean something different. Michael, long time or not, I just thought I'd ask the original contributor. --188.8.131.52 19:10, 8 June 2008 (UTC)
The name "Vic Fontaine" may be a reference to the nightclub-like singer from the play "Grease" named "Vince Fontaine". 184.108.40.206 18:38, 18 May 2008 (UTC)
- It could as well be a reference to "Johnny Fontane" in "The Goodfather". Which Charakter was inspired by Frank Sinatra, too. – The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk).
- Or possibly voice-over actors Vic Mignogna and Don LaFontaine? Mignogna is also a singer btw... 18.104.22.168 03:54, March 22, 2010 (UTC)
Darren's album with all the music Edit
Does anyone think it would be a good idea to add an itunes link to James Darren's album where he sings all the songs in Deep Space Nine ("This One's From the Heart") Although, I'm unsure if to put it here or on Darren's page. Any opinions, because I think it would help this article? --Nmajmani 01:13, 13 June 2008 (UTC)
- It should go on Darren's page. – Cleanse 01:35, 13 June 2008 (UTC)
Removed speculation Edit
- Ira Steven Behr may have inadvertently been inspired by his affirmed appreciation of The Godfather, where real-life singer Vic Damone was tapped to play crooner Johnny Fontane. Vic famously turned down the role out of respect for Frank Sinatra, whom he believed was the inspiration for the character.
Removed the above as speculation- any statement with "may have" is speculative.--31dot 12:04, February 15, 2012 (UTC)