|Template documentation follows|
|Note: the template above may sometimes be partially or fully invisible.|
|View • Edit • History|
- The following documentation is transcluded from Template:Welcome-anon/doc:
This template is used to welcome new anonymous users when the Wikia Bot is not functioning.
Welcome to Memory Alpha! I've noticed that you've already started making some contributions to our database – thank you! Might I suggest that you consider registering an account with us? Creating an account is quick, easy, and free, and there are a number of benefits to logging in, including the following:
- The use of a specific username that helps other archivists recognize your contributions
- Your own user page and talk page
- The ability to view all of your contributions and create a watchlist that lets you add articles that interest you
- The ability to upload files and rename a page
- The right to contribute in formal decisions in the community, including the pages for deletion and featured article nominations.
Before signing up, however, we suggest you view some of our policies and guidelines, which provide links to inform you on what is appropriate for Memory Alpha and what is not. Particular items of note are the content and resource policies, the editing guidelines, copyrights, and guidelines for proper etiquette.
If you're concerned about privacy, you should know that you're not required to provide any personal information beyond an email address and date of birth. We've tried to make signing up as quick and as painless as possible. I hope you'll consider creating an account!
Thanks! - Archivist <timestamp>