(written from a Production point of view)
This page contains information regarding Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, and thus may contain spoilers.
The USS Enterprise becomes stuck in a nebula that is home to an alien consciousness that traps the crew in a fairy tale.
Cast and characters
- Jess Bush (Christine Chapel), Christina Chong (La'an Noonien-Singh) and Celia Rose Gooding (Nyota Uhura) play their regular characters, but those characters are only seen while believing themselves to be the fantasy characters Lady Audrey, Princess Thalia, and Queen Neve respectively.
- Princess Thalia's lap dog Runa is played by Runa Ewok, who is Christina Chong's own pet dog.
- This episode establishes that Benny Russell (DS9: "Far Beyond the Stars", "Shadows and Symbols") was a real, historical person in the show's timeline and not just a fictional identity induced in Benjamin Sisko by the Prophets, a figment of his mind or a Human from a parallel universe or an alternate reality.
- In 2368, the USS Enterprise-D would also encounter a non-corporeal lifeform in a nebula that caused a little girl's fantasies to come true. (TNG: "Imaginary Friend")
- In 2370, The Enterprise-D also encountered an alien cultural archive that, similarly to Debra, caused Data to take on the personalities of mythological figures and also transformed the interior of the Enterprise-D to recreate the locations from the alien myths. (TNG: "Masks")
- In another similar incident, in 2369, the telepathic imprint of the Saltah'na, who destroyed themselves in a power struggle, caused the crews of the IKS Toh'Kaht and Deep Space 9 to reenact the events that led to the Saltah'na's destruction, while also taking on the personas of the individuals involved in those events. (DS9: "Dramatis Personae")
Links and references
- Anson Mount as
- Ethan Peck as
- Jess Bush as
- Christina Chong as
- Celia Rose Gooding as
- Melissa Navia as
- Babs Olusanmokun as Dr. Joseph M'Benga
- Bruce Horak as
- Debra (in Hemmer's body)
- Sage Arindell as Rukiya
- Belinda Corpuz as Patient
- Rong Fu as
- Alex Kapp as USS Enterprise Computer
- Makambe Simamba as Adult Rukiya
- Shannon Widdis as
- Kara Wooten as Crimson Guard
- Runa Ewok as Runa
abracadabra; all-powerful being; apple; bay; Boltzmann brain; boots; bow and arrow; bravery; carafe; castle; chamberlain; chain; chaos; children's book; court jester (jester); Crimson banner; Crimson Guards (Red Guards); dark realm; diplomacy; dopamine; dungeon; event horizon; fantasy; head chopping; healing stone; horse (steed); Jefferies tube; Jonisian Nebula; king; Kingdom of Elysian; Kingdom of Elysian, The (Elysian Kingdom, The); kitchen; kneeling; knight; Lady Audrey's Woods; Letter of Accords; liege; magic; magician; McNair Starbase; Mercury Stone; monster; neurological activity; power; quarters; Russell, Benny; sanctuary; scanner array; sire; ship; smoky wall; sorcerer; sorcery; staging a rescue; Starfall; Swamp of Infinite Deaths, The; sword; torturer; trap; wine; wizard; Your Highness
"The Serene Squall"
|Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
"All Those Who Wander"