(written from a Production point of view)
Sisko leads a planetary revolt!
The Liberated is a Pocket DS9 novel – #26 in the numbered series, and the third novel in the Rebels trilogy – written by Dafydd ab Hugh. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in March 1999.
- From the book jacket
- Major Kira and the ambitious Kai Winn have never seen eye to eye, but when Cardassian renegades invade Deep Space 9, determined to capture one of the sacred Orbs of the Prophets, the two women must work together to preserve both the Orb and the safety of everyone aboard the station.
- Captain Sisko and the crew of the USS Defiant cannot come to Kira's aid; they are too busy teaching an entire world how to fight back against a vicious invasion – even if it means breaking the Prime Directive!
Background information Edit
- Author Dafydd ab Hugh is erroneously credited as "Daffyd ab Hugh" on the cover.
- The novel's title does not appear on its cover, where it is identified as Rebels, Book Three of Three. The Liberated appears only on the inside title page, and identifies the book in Pocket's backlist.
- When Jadzia loses her tricorder in a battle, she tries to remember to retrieve it to avoid repeating the "Iotian catastrophe".
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|#25: The Courageous|| Pocket DS9|
|#27: A Stitch in Time|
|Rebels||Final novel in series|