(written from a Production point of view)
The saga continues with ten mesmerizing tales from the final frontier.
The New Voyages 2 was an anthology of novellas, edited by Sondra Marshak and Myrna Culbreath. Published by Bantam Books, and first released in January 1978, the anthology was a follow-up to The New Voyages and–like that earlier work– featured work by Star Trek fans.
- From the book jacket
- The men and women of the Starship Enterprise return in this dazzling volume of ten electrifying adventures set in deep space. Featuring the unforgettable characters created by Gene Roddenberry, each one of these extraordinary tales captures the beauty and courage of the fearless quest into uncharted realms--where others venture only in their boldest dreams…
- Based on the blockbuster films and the legendary television show, these ten original Star Trek stories boldly go where no one has gone before…
- "Surprise!" by Nichelle Nichols (with Sondra Marshak and Myrna Culbreath)
- "Snake Pit!" by Connie Faddis
- "The Patient Parasites" by Russell Bates
- "In the Maze" by Jennifer Guttridge
- "Cave-In" by Jane Peyton
- "Marginal Existence" by Connie Faddis
- "The Procrustean Petard" by Sondra Marshak and Myrna Culbreath
- "The Sleeping God" by Jesco von Puttkamer
- "Elegy for Charlie" by Antonia Vallario
- "Soliloquy" by Marguerite B. Thompson
Background information Edit
- The original cover art was done by Eddie Jones, and the 1990s reprint cover was done by Kazuhiko Sano.
Cover gallery Edit
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|Planet of Judgment||Bantam TOS||Mudd's Angels|
|The New Voyages||The New Voyages||Final anthology in series|