(written from a Production point of view)
The Prometheus Design is a Pocket TOS novel – #5 in the numbered series – written by Sondra Marshak and Myrna Culbreath. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in March 1982. The Enterprise tries to stop the source of an inexplicable wave of violence.
- From the book jacket
- Captain Kirk and his crew are on a mission to investigate the mysterious wave of violence that has overtaken the Helvans – revolutions, mass riots, horrible tortures. This chaos is all part of an experiment by an unimaginable power that soon grips even the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise.
- Captain Kirk is plagued by violent hallucinations and removed from command. Spock takes charge but his orders seem irrational, even cruel.
- Unless this terrible power can be stopped, not only the Starship Enterprise, but an entire galaxy will be ensnared in the deadly grip of the Prometheus Design.
- This story is set after Star Trek: The Motion Picture.
- Features a glossary of Vulcan terms.
- A limited edition hardcover was printed by Gregg Press in 1984.
- James T. Kirk
- Admiral, acting captain.
- Leonard McCoy
- CMO .
- Communications officer.
- Pavel Chekov
- Chief of security.
- Janice Rand
- Transporter chief.
- Hikaru Sulu
- Montgomery Scott
- Chief engineer.
- USS Intrepid
- Vulcan cruiser.
- The Prometheus Design at Memory Beta, the wiki for licensed Star Trek works
- The Prometheus Design at Wikipedia
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|#4: The Covenant of the Crown||Pocket TOS
|#6: The Abode of Life|
|The Pandora Principle (#34)||Titan Books release order||Doctor's Orders (#36)|