(written from a Production point of view)
The USS Enterprise must stop the slaughter of an alien race, or risk the fate of the universe!
- From the book jacket
- Captain Kirk and the USS Enterprise join the Klingons to avert disaster in the Taygeta V system – where a time/space warp has swallowed a spaceship without a trace. Spock suspects a link between the anomaly and the inhabitants of Taygeta, semi-aquatic creatures killed for the jewel-like tears secreted at the moment of death. But a mutinous Klingon officer threatens the vital mission, as a desperate Kirk and Spock race to save the Taygetians, the Federation – and the entire universe!
Background information Edit
- This is the only Star Trek novel by Melinda M. Snodgrass. She was later a story editor and writer on Star Trek: The Next Generation.
Canon characters Edit
Non-canon characters Edit
- Guy Maslin
- Human musician, brought by Kirk as an expert to help the crew learn the Taygetans' music-based language
- The Tears of the Singers at Memory Beta, the wiki for licensed Star Trek works
- The Tears of the Singers at Memory Omega, the wiki for licensed Star Trek books, audiobooks, and comics
- The Tears of the Singers at Wikipedia
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|#18: Rihannsu: My Enemy, My Ally|| Pocket TOS|
|#20: The Vulcan Academy Murders|
|Killing Time (#38)||Titan Books release order||Enemy Unseen (#40)|