(written from a Production point of view)
Star Trek: The Trouble with Tribbles was an adaptation of stills taken from the Star Trek: The Original Series second season episode "The Trouble with Tribbles" into a photonovel, the third release in the series. Aside from an episode cast list, glossary and trivia quiz, the book also included a mini-interview with actor James Doohan, who portrayed Montgomery Scott in the episode.
This was the third outing of the series which saw internationally translated editions, as far as can be ascertained.
- From the back cover
- The Klingons unleash a strange and deadly plan to take over Sherman's Planet…and are thwarted by the sweetest creature known to man!!!
- The authentic re-creation of a suspenseful voyage of the starship Enterprise…Over 300 action photographs from the episode The Trouble with Tribbles in the television series created by Gene Roddenberry.
- From this issue onward, Bantam distributed the series in the other English-speaking territories themselves through their Toronto and London branches, instead of farming them out to the British Corgi Books. UK imports had the British prices – either 85/95p or £1.25/1.50 – stamped on the back cover.
- In 1978, with the release of the next outing, this volume was included in a boxed set of the first four releases of the series.
- The title has seen a reprint around 1979/80 at a higher price point with a new ISBN after the series had run its course with issue 12. It was this reprint, with the British price stamped on the back cover, that served as an UK import.
- This was the third of Bantam Books's Star Trek photonovel releases to see internationally translated editions. Translated into Dutch as Problemen met de Dribbels, the Dutch language edition saw a release in 1979, whereas a German language edition was released the same year as Invasion der Tribbles.
- A Latin-American edition, translated by Ileana R.Gonzalez as Problemas Con Criaturas Galacticas, was released in 1979 and distributed in, among others, the USA, Mexico, Venezuela, Bolivia, and Panama. Each of these editions had a price imprint representing the local currency.
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|Where No Man Has Gone Before|| Star Trek Fotonovels|
|A Taste of Armageddon|