|Original Publish Date:||May 1973|
|Reference #:||SBN 345-23403-0-150|
The World of Star Trek, 'the Show the Network Could Not Kill!' is a reference book written by David Gerrold (the man who wrote "The Trouble with Tribbles"), and published by Ballantine Books in 1973. The book explores the creation of Star Trek: The Original Series, and provides an in-depth analysis of the writing of the series. It was re-printed in 1984, and included information up to and including Star Trek III: The Search for Spock.
From Book Jacket:
- HERE ARE THE WORLDS OF STAR TREK
- GENE RODDENBERRY'S brilliant conception--the first viable science fiction world designed for a TV series
- THE SHOW ITSELF, and the people who created it--the writers, the stars, the technicians
- THE FANS--the world the show created--and how they kept STAR TREK alive in the face of network opposition
- With Sixty-four pages of pictures from the episodes themselves, and with original photos by Stan Burns...