- Distant past
- 1st millennium AD
- 2nd millennium AD
- 3rd millennium AD
- 4th millennium AD
- Far future
This is the timeline of the Star Trek series and films in chronological order in-universe. This does not include flashbacks, flashforwards, acts of time travel, or alternate timelines (excepting the alternate reality). See the production timeline for a chronological overview of the production history of Star Trek.
- Based on Michael Burnham's approximate age in the episode, "The Girl Who Made the Stars" is assumed to take place in the early 2230s.
- Some scenes in Star Trek take place in the 2240s, though no "hard" date, or dates, were given.
- No date, either approximate or exact, was given for "The Escape Artist". The episode is assumed to take place after "Magic to Make the Sanest Man Go Mad" and before "Where No Man Has Gone Before".
- "The Trouble with Edward" is assumed to take place after the Federation-Klingon War in the 2250s and before Pike's command of the USS Enterprise ended.
- "Ask Not" is assumed to take place after the Federation-Klingon War in the 2250s and before Pike's command of the USS Enterprise ended.
- "Assignment: Earth" takes place entirely in 1968, though the USS Enterprise traveled through time to, and later from, that year off screen.
- "Ephraim and Dot" depicts events that happen between 2267 and 2285.
- See here for the problem with dating The Motion Picture.
- No date, either approximate or exact, was given for when the only real time scene takes place in "Living Witness". Most of the episode is a historical recreation of events that took place circa 3074, including recreations of events that took place in or after 2374. Based on the remark that it could take "another seven hundred years" in the 3074 recreation and the requirement that at least seven years must pass from that date, the earliest the real time setting could be is the latter years of the 31st century, with the late-38th century being seven hundred years after that.
- No date is given for the events of "Calypso" beyond the USS Discovery having been abandoned for nearly a millennium.