(written from a Production point of view)
Tom Ormeny (born 17 April 1946; age 73) is the actor who appeared as the Bortas' first officer in the Star Trek: The Next Generation fourth season episode "Redemption". He filmed his scenes on Tuesday 16 April 1991 on Paramount Stage 9.
Born as Tamás Örmény in Budapest, Hungary and acting in television since the 1970s, he has also been seen on such shows as The Streets of San Francisco, Wonder Woman, MacGyver, General Hospital, and Grey's Anatomy, as well as two David E. Kelley series: Boston Public (starring Jeri Ryan, in an episode with Tony Todd) and the pilot for Boston Legal (starring Rene Auberjonois and William Shatner, with Steven Anderson, Sharon Lawrence, Don McManus, and Todd Stashwick).
On film, Ormeny has had roles in the 1981 Neil Simon comedy Only When I Laugh (also featuring John Vargas), the 1985 TV movie Wallenberg: A Hero's Story (starring Alice Krige), and the 1997 crime drama Gang Related (co-starring Brad Greenquist, Tommy "Tiny" Lister, Jr. and Jimmie F. Skaggs). He was even the star of his own film, 1986's Agent on Ice, co-starring Thomas Kopache.
Other Star Trek connections Edit
Additional projects in which Ormeny has worked alongside fellow Star Trek alumni include:
- Cannon episode "The Sounds of Silence" (1974) with Vince Howard, Andrew Prine and James B. Sikking
- Sergeant Matlovich vs. the U.S. Air Force (1978 TV movie) with Steven Anderson, Brad Dourif, Gavan O'Herlihy, David Ogden Stiers and William Wintersole
- Ernie Kovacs: Between the Laughter (1984 TV movie) with Fran Bennett and John Glover
- Roseanne and Tom: Behind the Scenes (1994) with Steven Anderson
- 7th Heaven episode "With Honors" (1999) with Stephen Collins and Catherine Hicks
- Profiler episode "On Your Marks" (2000) with Gregory Itzin
- Profiler episode "Tsuris" (2000) with Gregory Itzin, Matt McCoy and Raphael Sbarge
- When Billy Beat Bobby (2001 TV movie) with Michael Cavanaugh, Bob Gunton, Leonard Kelly-Young, Patrick Kerr and Scott Klace
- Providence episode "Shadow Play" (2002) with Glenn Morshower, Concetta Tomei and Cress Williams
- JAG episode "Dangerous Game" (2002) with Zoe McLellan, Randy Oglesby and Dean Stockwell