(written from a Production point of view)
Spock and McCoy plan a rescue mission for Kirk and Chekov, who are trapped in an alien prison. (Part 2 of 4)
- This story takes place during the latter half of TOS Season 1. The stardate is roughly concurrent with "The Menagerie, Part I".
- Based on Star Trek created by Gene Roddenberry
- Writer: Michael Jan Friedman
- Editor: Robert Greenberger (credited as "tour guide")
- Canon characters listed below are linked to the main article about them. Non-canon characters are not linked, but those that recurred, appearing or being mentioned in more than one story, are defined further in DC TOS volume 1 characters.
- James T. Kirk
- Enterprise captain.
- Vulcan Enterprise exec and science officer.
- Leonard McCoy
- Enterprise surgeon.
- Montgomery Scott
- Enterprise chief engineer.
- Hikaru Sulu
- Enterprise helmsman.
- Enterprise communications officer.
- Pavel Chekov
- Enterprise navigator.
- Christine Chapel
|The Modala Imperative|
|DC TOS volume 2|
|"A Little Seasoning" • "Tools of Tyranny" • "The Price of Freedom" • "For Whom the Bell Tolls"|
|DC TNG volume 2|
|"In Memory Yet Green..." • "Lies and Legends!" • "Prior Claim" • "Game, Set and Match!"|
|Previous issue:||Series||Next issue:|
|#1: "A Little Seasoning"|| DC TOS volume 2|
The Modala Imperative
|#3: "The Price of Freedom"|