(written from a Production point of view)
Star Trek trading cards have been developed and sold since the early days of the franchise. Falling under the category of "non-sports trading cards", the very first Star Trek trading cards were produced by Leaf in 1967, and companies including Topps, SkyBox, Rittenhouse Archives and others have been given licenses to produce card sets based on the various Star Trek series and films.
Trading card sets typically consist of a "base set" (the central, common cards), and several "chase card" sets (additional, usually themed, sets of cards, randomly included at various 'per pack' ratios).
See also Edit
- Card index at StarTrekCards.com
- Knuckle Buster's Cards On Cue! - Star Trek Trading Card Checklists
- Star Trek Card Collective - Star Trek Cards Information and Images index
- Trading card at Wikipedia
- Wixiban's Star Trek Collectables Portal - Star Trek Collectable Card Games guide
- Wixiban's Star Trek Collectables Portal - Star Trek Trading Cards guide