This page contains information regarding Star Trek: Discovery, and thus may contain spoilers.
The Trill written language is composed of rounded-triangles with squiggly lines in them. Miles O'Brien was able to read payroll records in the Trill written language. (DS9: "Equilibrium", "Prodigal Daughter")
Examples of spoken Trill
- I'nora, ja'kala Dax... zhian'shee, Lela tanus rem...Gon'dar, Jadzia-tor...
- (The Guardian reaches and places a hand to the small of Dax's back, then to the back of Kira's head...)
- Jadzia, zhian'tara vok... Tu Dax, zhian'tani ress... Zhian'par, Lela garu'koj...
- Transfer of personality of Lela Dax from Jadzia Dax.
- Jadzia, zhian'tara vok... Tu Dax, zhian'tani ress... Zhian'par, Odo garu'koj...
- Transfer of personality of Curzon Dax from Jadzia Dax to Odo. (DS9: "Facets")
Ezri contacts Joran
- I'nora, ja'kala vok... 'za Ezri... zhian'tara rek... pora'al Zheem Dax... Tanas Rhem Joran.
- Ezri Dax attempts a variation of the zhian'tara to commune individually with Joran. (DS9: "Field of Fire")
- 'za Ezri Tanas Rhem Joran.
- Ezri tries further, after initially being unsuccessful.
- Joran Tanas Rhem. Vok Ezri... Joran Tanas Rhem.
- Ezri continues trying until successful.
Community content is available under CC-BY-NC unless otherwise noted.