How much speculation is possible? That was kinda a big deal made in the show about the weapon ship. It erasing itself from time undid all the damage it did to the timeline.--Marhawkman (talk) 18:12, January 15, 2019 (UTC)
- I don't know. Sometimes it can be a sticky wicket. Looking back at it, it seems more like one of those things that is kind of assumed, without stating as such, but now looking at the article about the species itself, it could have probably been included in the article itself with some tweaks to the verbiage. --Alan (talk) 18:31, January 15, 2019 (UTC)
Where to watch Edit
Can you update the Croatia Where to watch because is wrong. On HRT 3 is only Star Trek Deep Space Nine, Monday to Friday at 13:30 and next day at 6:35. On RTL Kockica is Star Trek The Next Generation at most of the time 21:50 and 22:20
- Let me know if that looks right: Portal:Main/Panels/Where_to_watch. --Alan (talk) 21:14, January 17, 2019 (UTC)
Respecting other users Edit
- Last I checked this is a collaborative effort. And valid or not, it still reads clunky. This isn't a university thesis. And really, you need to knock the nitpicky anal tweak crap off anyway. --Alan (talk) 18:28, January 25, 2019 (UTC)
- I'm just stating facts I've been patiently and quietly observing until I'm given a reason to state them. --Alan (talk) 18:37, January 25, 2019 (UTC)
- The edit you're discussing changed improper grammar and poor style into proper English. You reverted it, claiming the poor grammar/style was just as good. Then, when it was corrected again, you added a spurious edit that in no way improved readability, exchanging one idiom for another. I think there's more than one person who's puzzled as to what you were trying to achieve. NokiaTouchscreen (talk) 20:24, January 27, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes, two is more than one. --Alan (talk) 12:51, January 28, 2019 (UTC)
Do not vandalize my talk page Edit
Do not vandalize my talk page again. Not only did you revert a conversation archived under site policy, you outright deleted a reply to another editor, meaning that you have committed a violation not only against me but against that user. Do not do so again. NokiaTouchscreen (talk) 20:17, January 27, 2019 (UTC)
- you deleted it, you didnt "archive" anything. --Alan (talk)
- certainly issues you havent acknowledged --Alan (talk) 20:24, January 27, 2019 (UTC)
- First, learn how to use talk pages and how to properly indent, and noting your comment in the above section, you don't just weasel your comment in between two other comments however you please.
- Second, that's not the correct way to archive anything, especially when it looks like a blatant attempt to ignore two admins who are doing what this unpaid "job" affords them to do, and inform you to knock off removing huge chucks of text from articles, and again, not correctly archiving it on the talk page with your explanation there. Edit summaries aren't discussion points.
- Finally, speaking of vandalism, what is this? Entering BS edit summaries and an even bigger BS explanation elsewhere hardly supports whatever your slanted motivations are. --Alan (talk) 12:50, January 28, 2019 (UTC)
I could use a hand. Could you take a look at my thread and drop a line or fix any mistakes I made? https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/d/p/3343172654596233912
- MA documents all releases, but only material from on-screen is treated as canon. Many of the novels, comics, etc are expanded (and not duplicated from Memory Beta) because they are of interest to people. -- sulfur (talk) 02:00, February 24, 2019 (UTC)
USS Saratoga (2250s) Edit
FYI: The editor Noash Retrac keeps changing the status of this ship. I do not know if this rises up to the level of an editorial war, but I do think it needs to be looked into.--Memphis77 (talk) 00:49, February 24, 2019 (UTC)
Disney Live Action Remakes Wiki Edit
Could you please help me expand the List of Minor Characters page for the Disney Live Action Remakes Wiki?
https://disney-live-action-remakes.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Minor_Characters (Hobbiton777 (talk) 18:55, February 25, 2019 (UTC))
Common proper nounsEdit
I saw the list you added to MA:Talk:Links to disambiguating pages of common proper nouns (and figured it would be cleaner to ask this here then start a discussion under it). Does that mean that these kinds of pseudo-disambiguations are now fully accepted? Like, if I were to stumble upon other such reference complexes, would it be A-ok to create such a page for them? I've been hesitant about that stuff due to the weird nature of it, but I know of at least one other (previously deleted no less) and I'm guessing there might still be more. -- Capricorn (talk) 23:14, February 26, 2019 (UTC)
- Yeah, I'm just going to sneak that one back in, but otherwise, no, I was just taking notes on various anomalies on that page. Nothing official, just getting a lay of the land. --Alan (talk) 01:26, February 27, 2019 (UTC)
I was trying to find a way to make everything fit the format. The MSD is already in the page - under the physical arrangement section.
- Which is awfully hard to tell at a glance because the page is AFU now. When and where was this transition to tabbing discussed, because if this is the result, it's going to ruin a lot of stuff. --Alan (talk) 18:00, March 4, 2019 (UTC)
I discussed it with several other editors, and admin sulfur seemed to like it. Granted some of the pages I've done it on it doesn't work well. I'm willing to discuss which pages to do, or not do it, to. My intent was to make it so the pages weren't so large and could open quicker.
Any ongoing projects you'd like to hand-off?Edit
Hey! I'm new to Memory Alpha, but I've logged more than 5,000 edits on a previous passion project of mine - the glorious and similarly-dorky Weezerpedia. I'm not an endless wealth of ST knowledge quite yet(I've watched TNG, DS9, and I'm almost done with VOY), but I've recently fallen in love with Star Trek and would love to contribute to MA any way I can. I was wondering if there are any projects you're working on right now that you could use a hand with!
Ocular implant Edit
I have undone the edit you made to this page, as Doctor Pulaski does talk about the optical implants with La Forge. However, she does not name the procedure in the filmed episode. It's name comes from a scene, which is not in the aired episode. Right now, this information is in a real world article - optic nerve laser welding. Should this information be moved to the ocular implant page, to the background section?--Memphis77 (talk) 23:01, March 12, 2019 (UTC)
- Not other than a background note.--Alan (talk) 00:40, March 13, 2019 (UTC)
Hey - not upset, just curious. Why did you revert the Category:Ferengi Women edits I was making? It seemed to me that, given that the role of women is such an idiosyncratic part of Ferengi culture, the category was warranted. Is there a policy surrounding category creation that I wasn't in accordance with? Truly asking out of curiosity, so as to avoid making any mistakes moving forward. --JasonDanielBoxer (talk) 23:35, March 17, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes, we have category suggestions here: MA:CS; second, this isn't one that would really work, it's too specific and doesn't really fit anywhere into our category tree. --Alan (talk) 00:04, March 23, 2019 (UTC)
USS Saratoga Edit
- There are four Saratogas. Singling out one for one page and another for the second page is frivolous. The only way you can get to either of the specified Saratoga pages is by clicking a link specifically to that Saratoga. Otherwise, anyone who simply types in "USS Saratoga" is going to find the disambiguation page linking to all of them anyway. Our system is pretty foolproof in that sense for allowing people to find what they want without forcing the issue. --Alan (talk) 23:55, March 22, 2019 (UTC)
Star Trek IIIEdit
Hi, I noticed that you removed my edits placing Star Trek III in March 2285. Can you explain to me why you removed my edits when the movie picked up where The Wrath Of Khan left off?184.108.40.206 01:44, March 28, 2019 (UTC)
- Because it didn't. Enough time passed that it cannot be proved without a reasonable doubt that that film took place the same month. Kirk's birthday, march 22nd, was at the beginningest part of TWoK. That leaves 9 days for the following to happen:
- Presumably the next day:
- Reliant finds khan, picks him up, maroons the crew.
- Kirk has an inspection tour and goes on a cruise
- Reliant diverts to Regula I. They are three days away.
- Enterprise is contacted by carol marcus, is too diverted to Regula I
- 12 hours out (at warp) from Regula I, and presumably 3 days later:
- Battle the reliant.
- Both ships essentially limp to regula i (at impulse)
- Days? Later...
- 2 hours spent at Regula I, then the chase to the mutara nebula.
- Battling the reliant again
- Have a funeral for spock
- Presumably 3 days later...
- They arrive at ceti alpha vi to get the marooned reliant crew
- Presumably another 3-6 or more days later (which happened between the two films (so not immediately)):
- Most of trainee crew is offloaded
- David and Saavik are transferred to the Grissom and return to Genesis
- The Enterprise returns to Earth.
- Tell me after all of that you still think you are still comfortable says STIII happened less than 9 days later...--Alan (talk) 02:31, March 28, 2019 (UTC)
Would April work? 220.127.116.11 02:04, March 29, 2019 (UTC)
Doctari Alpha raid Edit
- No. Just it's own section. Same situation and reasoning as the "raid on Corvan II" example (see: talk:Corvan II). --Alan (talk)
NCIA-93 type Edit
- Cool. I'm probably not going to meet him, that was a $100 or something more, but we got 5th row seats, so I'm good with that. It's actually a special viewing of ST:TWOK with conversation and a Q&A. Unfortunately, I cannot think of any questions to ask him... that I don't feel like I couldn't find the answer for on the internet already. --Alan (talk) 19:26, April 1, 2019 (UTC)
Hello, could you please explain why you have twice now deleted the addition of facts about the relief operations officer from Nemesis on the Unnamed Enterprise-E personnel page?– The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk).
- because your edits are introducing a plethora of formatting errors and rogue elements to the article. Likes scores of the correct ''' are being replaced with ‘’’, which are quite different in practice. Just look for yourself all the bad edits that were made with your contribution. --Alan (talk) 22:44, April 4, 2019 (UTC)
Thanks for clarifying. My apologies for the formatting errors. I believe a Chrome extension that automatically changes quote marks to smart quote marks is the culprit. I’ll definitely make sure that doesn’t happen in the future. 22.214.171.124 17:35, April 5, 2019 (UTC)
Since I had also asked in the history notes at Star Trek: Fleet Command about the correct format for adding a Commercial Type Company page as was more than happy to add more information. There is no real guideline for that, as unlike a Character or otherwise, it is not a regular page. The idea of simply having a Guideline for a Scopely or Digit Game Studios type of page is all I had asked for, so as not to be 'roused' on seemingly quite strict at MAtherefore in the interim, I tried to be extremely brief especially with all the new laws. In my opinion, constructive criticism works best along with a link to a page for Memory Alpha RULES concerning Commercial Page references and additions. TIA Nb: I had read both the pna-incomplete and many other pages on editingUser:Gemma0z
- It was more of an "in general" comment, because it lacked 100% of any sort of anything an article should have, save text. Even if there remained a question in the end how to set up a "commercial company type page" , there are still a half dozen other things that were completely irrelevant to that matter that were completely overlooked. --Alan (talk) 19:34, April 29, 2019 (UTC)
Thanks, Since it had needed the pages since last year, at least they're there now and sulfur provided the 'template' fairly quickly, if I ever need to add a page similar in the future, I now have something to go on, apologies for offending.User:Gemma0z
Any galactic maps of the 4 quadrants? Edit
Could you please direct me to a detailed image of the galactic map including all the planets, expanses, territories, anomalies, aliens encountered, etc? There are some crude maps on the internet, but nothing to the detail of what memory-alpha provides in the descriptions. I'm watching VOY and can't find many of the references on any maps/images. Thank you,
Nina Magnesson Edit
- Moved to Talk:Nina Magnesson.
Kivas Fajo's father Edit
RE: Vandalism Edit
I used the IRC CVN Channels (for more info see w:c:vstf:VSTF Wiki:IRC). It's free for everyone to join (instructions are on that page). -- 11:56, June 12, 2019 (UTC)
Where to watch 2Edit
Can you update the Croatia Where to watch. On HRT 3 is Star Trek Deep Space Nine double feauture, is Monday to Sunday at 1:00 AM and Star Trek: Voyager also double feauture that stars at 13:30 Moday to Friday and the next day at 6:55. On RTL Kockica is Star Trek The Next Generation at most of the time 21:50 and 22:20 from Monday to Thursday (Jedi Raven (talk) 11:39, August 11, 2019 (UTC))
Crewman #4 Edit
Hello Alan. Could you comment on the discussion at Talk:Unnamed USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) personnel#Crewman #4, since you were the one who wrote that section back in December 2016? --NetSpiker (talk) 02:55, November 14, 2019 (UTC)
- That's fine, I was on my phone while feeding a baby, so my thumb typing was at a less than leisurely pace. --Alan (talk) 03:06, December 1, 2019 (UTC)