Welcome to Memory Alpha, HawkeyePierce4077! I've noticed that you've already made some contributions – thanks for your edit to the "Brother (episode)" page! We all hope that you'll enjoy our database and decide to join our community.
Since you're new to Memory Alpha, I have a few links that you might want to check out:
- Our policies and guidelines are the best place to start. Particular items of note are the content and resource policies, the editing guidelines, our point of view, copyrights, and guidelines for proper etiquette.
- We strongly encourage you to use the "source editor" in your editing preferences, so you can use our standard formatting templates. We also recommend you click this link and save the page.
- The Manual of Style and how to write a great article can help you put together an article that might end up on our Featured Articles list someday.
- You can look up your past changes in the contributions log and keep track of your favorite articles through your very own watchlist.
- Create your own user page and be contacted here, on your talk page. Please make sure to sign any comments on talk pages with four tildes (~~~~) to add your user name and the date/time.
- The above named user is an administrator and their signature was automatically added. If you have any immediate questions or concerns, you may contact that user through their talk page.
Headers and tabs Edit
...should be lowercase except for standard formatting rules; "Alternate timelines" instead of "Alternate Timelines". Also, don't add tabs every page you can, only ones where it will substantially help the page load faster. The idea is that the page should still be "easy" to edit to someone who doesn't know what they are doing, and the more complicated it "looks", the less likely they are to try. - Archduk3 (on an unsecure connection) 17:32, March 7, 2019 (UTC)
- Fair enough - I will work on that – The preceding unsigned comment was added by HawkeyePierce4077 (talk • contribs).
A bunch of things Edit
So here is a bunch of things:
- There is no reason to do this, [[Distress call|distress call]], just do this, [[distress call]]. You can also just add things to links like an "s" to make it plural, like distress calls.
- Don't use underscores in file names, it makes them harder to find and is just lazy.
- Images should be in the section with the text they go with, not above a header. This is bad formatting.
- Follow basic formatting conventions, like how Enterprise is italicized here, or 23rd century doesn't capitalize century.
If you have any questions about how something should be done, for the most part you can just look around on the pages you're editing for other examples of what you want to do and follow those. If you find that what you're doing is different from everything else, maybe don't do that without a good reason. - Archduk3 03:58, March 18, 2019 (UTC)
- I wasn't putting underscores in the file names, at least not intentionally, i always thought that was a formatting thing the site did. If, in the future, when I add photos I'll keep them in the corresponding section and remove dashes. While we're on the topic of images - is there anyway to improve the search option for them? I have a hard time finding images of the enterprise when I type in certain tags.
--Hawkeye Pierce (talk) 14:33, March 19, 2019 (UTC)