Since you're new to Memory Alpha, I have a few links that you might want to check out:
- Our policies and guidelines are the best place to start. Particular items of note are the content and resource policies, the editing guidelines, our point of view, copyrights, and guidelines for proper etiquette.
- We strongly encourage you to use the "source editor" in your editing preferences, so you can use our standard formatting templates. We also recommend you click this link and save the page.
- The Manual of Style and how to write a great article can help you put together an article that might end up on our Featured Articles list someday.
- Want to help build the category tree? Check out Category suggestions.
- You can look up your past changes in the contributions log and keep track of your favorite articles through your very own watchlist.
- Create your own user page and be contacted here, on your talk page. Please make sure to sign any comments on talk pages with four tildes (~~~~) to add your user name and the date and time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to post them in one of our forums. Thanks, and once again, welcome to Memory Alpha!
I would also like to add, that when uploading images, to keep things from being to vague, please name them after the individual in question, not the species. --Gvsualan 14:37, 18 Jun 2005 (UTC)
I'd like to compliment you on a fantastic picture! Did you get it from the DVD or something? zsingaya 07:50, 17 Jul 2005 (UTC)
- Yeah, you should cite the source if its not you who made the picture, just incase someone from that site visits MA and finds his picture on our site! Just put something like this under the "imageparamount" bit:
Image courtesy of: [insert website here]
Also, you should sign your posts with four ~ signs so people can reply quickly to your messages. zsingaya 08:00, 17 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Also, if you don't know what episode the picture comes from, you probably shouldn't upload them... if you do, put a link next to the text at the bottom of the picture. zsingaya 08:21, 17 Jul 2005 (UTC)Talk
Also, I know it might sound like I'm nitpicking here... you should attempt to re-size the pictures before you upload them to between 200px and 350px wide, to reduce space on the MA database. If you can't, don't worry, someone else probably will anyway! You should also make a note of what Gvsualan is doing to your pictures, cos he's an Admin so he knows what the rules are about formatting and stuff. zsingaya
You uploaded a new version of File:Galaxy cargobay.jpg as its a better picture than the one originally there. But a note: when you upload a picture whose filename is already in the MA mainspace, if you put anything in the summary block when uploading it, it is overwritten by the original caption. In such cases, after uploading, you have to go back and re-edit the caption to be more applicable to the image you uploaded. — THOR 06:13, 18 Jul 2005 (UTC)