If you'd like to learn more about working with the nuts and bolts of Memory Alpha, I have a few links that you might want to check out:
- Our policies and guidelines provides links to inform you on what is appropriate for Memory Alpha and what is not. Particular items of note are the content and resource policies, the editing guidelines, our point of view, copyrights and guidelines for proper etiquette.
- How to edit a page includes a basic tutorial about how to use our special wikitext code here on Memory Alpha.
- Naming conventions provides guidelines on how to name a new page that you may want to create.
- The Manual of Style is an overview of the basic guidelines for how to format and style your articles.
- How to write a great article is a list of suggestions that can help you put together an article that might end up on our Featured Articles list someday.
- See the user projects page for current projects of our archivists, or help us to reduce the number of stubs.
- Look up past changes you have made in your contributions log.
- Keep track of your favorite Memory Alpha articles through your very own watchlist.
- Create your own user page and be contacted on this page, your talk page.
One other suggestion: if you're going to make comments on talk pages or make other sorts of comments, please be sure to sign them with four tildes (~~~~) to paste in your user name and the date/time of the comment.
I would highly suggest that you read our image use policy, but especially our help on image descriptions. Names like File:TOS S1D4-0.jpg does not satisfy #3 of our basic overview of the policy: "Use a clear, detailed title for the file. An obscure name like "qua 047.jpg" won't help anyone!" Please endeavor to to use more descriptive titles in the future. Thank you. --Alan del Beccio 02:31, 4 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- Just to amend this, slightly, regarding File:TOS S1-Rand&Kirk.jpg, it might be easier to name them, "character-episode" or simple the "character" (if it is a one time guest) as it makes the images easier to locate in the Special:Imagelist all the Rand images can be found with other images with similar names (R = rand or J = Janice, rather the unlikely letter "T"). If you browse through the list you can see what I mean. Above all, don't think I'm singling you out...your contributions are welcomed, but clearing this up early with new members helps the adminstrator work easier in the long run-- as your previous uploads will likely be renamed to conform to the aforementioned naming style. --Alan del Beccio 02:45, 4 Jan 2006 (UTC)
Copyright violations Edit
Please do not copy the works of others, including Wikipedia, as doing so constitutes a copyright violation and goes against our policy on writing original content. While you did omit and change a few words here and there in the summary you added to "Bread and Circuses", the majority of the article was taken word-for-word from the Bread and Circuses article at Wikipedia. If you wish to add information, including episode summaries, please write them yourself. Thank you. --From Andoria with Love 02:10, 18 September 2006 (UTC)