Since you're new to Memory Alpha, I have a few links that you might want to check out:
- Our policies and guidelines are the best place to start. Particular items of note are the content and resource policies, the editing guidelines, our point of view, copyrights, and guidelines for proper etiquette.
- We strongly encourage you to use the "source editor" in your editing preferences, so you can use our standard formatting templates. We also recommend you click this link and save the page.
- The Manual of Style and how to write a great article can help you put together an article that might end up on our Featured Articles list someday.
- Want to help build the category tree? Check out Category suggestions.
- You can look up your past changes in the contributions log and keep track of your favorite articles through your very own watchlist.
- Create your own user page and be contacted here, on your talk page. Please make sure to sign any comments on talk pages with four tildes (~~~~) to add your user name and the date and time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to post them in one of our forums. Thanks, and once again, welcome to Memory Alpha!
--Alan del Beccio 05:07, 7 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- Greetings! Please make sure to read the Memory Alpha:Manual of Style as two of the articles you have created are not formatted to standards. Thanks! - Adm. Enzo Aquarius 22:33, 7 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks, I'm still learning, will be up to speed soon... promise.Sir Rhosis 22:49, 7 Jan 2006 (UTC)
Hi, Sir Rhosis (do I recognize that name from the TrekBBS, or am I imagining things again?), and welcome again to MA.
I just read on your user page that you have access to shooting scripts of TOS season 1. Does this include the "Balance of Terror" script? If so, could you check if Stiles was called "Andrew" in that script and perhaps participate in the discussion here: Talk:Stiles (Lieutenant)? Thanks a lot. -- Cid Highwind 23:28, 7 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- Yes, I'm the one from TrekBBS, ran out of things to talk about over there, found my way here, am becoming addicted (just ask my wife!). I'll check on the name for you and get back.
Yes, that happened to me as well, both running out of talk there and the thing with the addiction here. Anyway, thanks for your quick response on that talk page. :) -- Cid Highwind 00:00, 8 Jan 2006 (UTC)
I just got your suggestion on "The City on the Edge of Forever" and relayed your comments on that article's discussion page. I've been using as my source the 1981 edition of The Star Trek Compendium for posting episode's production schedules (See also my comments on Talk:A Taste of Armageddon)--Robert Treat 04:32, 22 May 2006 (UTC).
Go ahead and post the addy. Do you have a link to it at your Trek BBS profile? I think I may have seen it, though the page I'm thinking of only has a few of the first-season scripts--Robert Treat 04:49, 22 May 2006 (UTC).
I found your user name at Trek BBS when researching this point that I placed at "The Omega Glory":
- This episode was recreated by GAF as a three disc steroscopic View-master presentation. A booklet recounting the story accompanied the discs, but it was not completely faithful to the shooting script. A "Lieutenant Raintree" is featured, and he was killed in the same manner as Lt. Galloway; "Phil Raintree" was a character in an early draft of this script, one being considered for filming as the second pilot.
Any changes, cofirmations, or other helps will be appreciated. --GNDN 02:42, 30 November 2006 (UTC)
Re: Onlies credits
Thanks for bringing the note about the miscredited Onlies to my attention. I have reverted my edits and have also left a note explaining the crediting mistake. I have also corrected the credits on the "Miri" page. Thanks again. Cheers! :) --From Andoria with Love 03:59, 19 December 2006 (UTC)
As an aside, the new mini-series is called Klingons: Blood Will Tell, but the first issue is actually titled (according to the IDW webpage) "Against Their Nature", even though the title was nowhere to be seen in the book. -- Sulfur 18:31, 5 May 2007 (UTC)
"Inter Arma..." FA Nomination
Hello Sir Rhosis! I was hoping you might be able to spare a few minutes to read through "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges" and perhaps consider voting for it as an FA? Regardless, any comments you may have on the article would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :) --| TrekFan Open a channel 03:44, August 27, 2011 (UTC)
Please take a moment to read the file use policy. All files uploaded to Memory Alpha need a proper file licensing template as well as citations and categories. Files without the required information will be removed from articles and are subject to deletion. If you have any questions about how to add these requirements or why this needs to be done, feel free to ask. -- sulfur (talk) 12:10, April 12, 2020 (UTC)
- I am unsure how to do it, and unfortunately may not have the time to address it. Sorry for the confusion--I should not have attempted it without full knowledge and understand if you must delete. The screencaps came from an internet site, Cygnus-X1. Sir Rhosis (talk) 14:28, April 13, 2020 (UTC)
When you upload, even if you're not fully comfortable with how to do it all up properly, at least indicating which episodes they come from/etc is key. Someone else identified both of the images you uploaded this weekend, but if you can at least keep that in mind for next time, that's a big win. -- sulfur (talk) 15:32, April 13, 2020 (UTC)