Since you're new to Memory Alpha, I have a few links that you might want to check out:
- Our policies and guidelines are the best place to start. Particular items of note are the content and resource policies, the editing guidelines, our point of view, copyrights, and guidelines for proper etiquette.
- We strongly encourage you to use the "source editor" in your editing preferences, so you can use our standard formatting templates. We also recommend you click this link and save the page.
- The Manual of Style and how to write a great article can help you put together an article that might end up on our Featured Articles list someday.
- Want to help build the category tree? Check out Category suggestions.
- You can look up your past changes in the contributions log and keep track of your favorite articles through your very own watchlist.
- Create your own user page and be contacted here, on your talk page. Please make sure to sign any comments on talk pages with four tildes (~~~~) to add your user name and the date and time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to post them in one of our forums. Thanks, and once again, welcome to Memory Alpha!
--Vedek Dukat Talk | Duty Roster 04:05, 20 March 2006 (UTC)
Hi. We decided to use the existing gallery feature instead of "self-made" tables (especially ones using the "mainpage" class that should only be used on the main page) in the past. It would be nice if you did not change existing <gallery> galleries to something else. Thanks, Cid Highwind 14:42, 11 July 2006 (UTC)
- Fair enough; no offense intended or taken. I hadn't realized the <gallery> were the most recent format of choice. I sorta find the older table approach more aesthetically pleasing, but if the <gallery> format is the one to use, then it should be the one to be used. Apologies. TommyRaiko 17:32, 11 July 2006 (UTC)
- Aargh. Thanks. I've corrected myself making that mistake a few times before submitting, but I guess a few slipped thru... TommyRaiko 15:15, 20 July 2006 (UTC)
When adding performers and their birthdays (and deaths), can you try to remember to add them to the Star Trek birthdays, Star Trek deaths, calendar day template article (ie Template:11 April), and the relevant production page (ie Early production history). It saves me from having to spend 3 days updating all of the relevants lists like I just finished today :) -- Sulfur 02:33, 31 July 2006 (UTC)
Excuse me. I just heard about this site at S.W. Fanon. Im a big Star Wars and Star Trek fan and I wanted to come join Memory Alpha but I dont know a lot about this place and Star Trek stuff. Its been a while since Ive done or seen any star trek. Please fill me in. Thanks. D. Coldheart 22:05, 8 September 2006 (UTC)