(written from a Production point of view)
|Region 1 cover|
|No. of episodes:||26|
|No. of discs:||7|
|Region 1 release date:||6 July 2004|
|Region 2 release date:||6 September 2004|
24 September 2007 (re-released)
|Region 2 cover|
|Region 2 slimline cover|
Star Trek: Voyager – Season Three is a DVD release containing all of the episodes which were broadcast during the series' third season. The DVD set includes special features and all episodes are presented in 5.1 Surround Sound format.
- Braving the Unknown: Season 3
- 13 minutes discussing a few early season episodes and the long-awaited return of the Borg.
- Each running about 12 minutes with the actors discussing their characters, time on the show, and the cookbook released by Ethan Phillips.
- Flashback to "Flashback"
- Red Alert: Amazing Visual Effects
- 16 minutes discussing special effects from the season, including locations for "Basics", the dinosaurs in "Distant Origins", and the 8472 aliens.
- Real Science with André Bormanis
- Real world information on how they tried to keep the series' astronomy real, present believable physics, a discussion on the possibility of extraterrestrial life, also featuring Neil deGrasse Tyson.
- Lost Transmissions from the Delta Quadrant
- About 12 minutes of easter eggs "hidden" throughout the special features menus.
- Photo Gallery
Region 1 DVD sets sold through the retail chain store Best Buy included, as a "retailer exclusive", a bonus disc with additional featurettes which were not included on the regularly sold Region 1 DVD sets, but which were standard on the Region 2 sets.For this season release it concerned,
- "Creating the Voyager Crew"
- "30th Anniversary Moments"
VOY Season 2 DVD
|Star Trek: Voyager
|Next Region 1 release:|
Star Trek: The Next Generation Jean-Luc Picard Collection
|Next Region 2 release:|
TOS Season 1 DVD
|Next series release:|
VOY Season 4 DVD