(written from a Production point of view)
Vonda Neel McIntyre (28 August 1948 – 1 April 2019; age 70) was the author of several Star Trek novels and novelizations. These include The Entropy Effect, Enterprise: The First Adventure, Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan, Star Trek III: The Search for Spock, and Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.
McIntyre was born in Louisville, Kentucky, and moved around a lot in her childhood, including living abroad in the Netherlands. Her family eventually moved to Seattle, where she attended the University of Washington. She also attended the Clarion Science Fiction Writers' Workshop (of which she was a founding member) in 1970. She continued to live in Seattle. McIntyre also wrote many non-Star Trek science fiction novels, which also included Star Wars tie-ins, winning Nebula Awards and a Hugo Award.
- VondaNMcIntyre.net – official site
- Vonda N. McIntyre at Memory Beta, the wiki for licensed Star Trek works
- Vonda N. McIntyre at Wikipedia
- Vonda N. McIntyre at the ISBN Database
- Vonda N. McIntyre at SF-Encyclopedia.com
- Remembering Vonda N. McIntyre, 1948-2019 at StarTrek.com, the official Star Trek website