(written from a Production point of view)
What Judgments Come is a Star Trek: Vanguard novel – the seventh book in the series, and the first part of a two-part conclusion – written by Dayton Ward and Kevin Dilmore. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in September 2011.
- From the book jacket
- Operation Vanguard has risked countless lives and sacrificed entire worlds to unlock the secrets of the Shedai, an extinct alien civilization whose technology can shape the future of the galaxy. Now, Starfleet's efforts have roused the vengeful Shedai from their aeons of slumber. As the Taurus Reach erupts with violence, hundreds of light years away, on "The Planet of Galactic Peace," Ambassador Jetanien and his counterparts from the Klingon and Romulan empires struggle to avert war by any means necessary. But Jetanien discovers their mission may have been designed to fail all along… Meanwhile, living in exile on an Orion ship is the one man who can help Starfleet find an ancient weapon that can stop the Shedai: Vanguard's former commanding officer, Diego Reyes.
- THE END OF THE EPIC SAGA BEGINS
Background information Edit
- The novel was announced in Star Trek Magazine issue 154, without a title and was originally scheduled for release in December 2011. The title was revealed by Ward in February 2011.
- Before the official title was released, Ward had referred to this volume as The Taurus Key: A Crystalline Fairy Tale, Founded Upon The Mysteries of the Shedai and the Oppression of Their Servants. It Was Written for Kollotuul, But Others Should Read It, based on a comment by Steve Mollmann.  
- The story for this novel, and the following release, was derived jointly by Ward, Dilmore, and David Mack. 
- Cover art by Doug Drexler, design by Alan Dingman.
- A character mentioned to have died in an alien attack is named after Bernd Perplies, a Star Trek novel author and translator.
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|Declassified||Star Trek: Vanguard||Storming Heaven|