(written from a Production point of view)
Forming part of the Deep Space Nine relaunch series, and following on from the events in that series' Unity, each of the three novels includes two stories focusing on one of the central civilizations connected with the series.
The German releases were released as six individual novels.
- Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Volume One
- Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Volume Two
- Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Volume Three
Background information Edit
- Pocket editor Marco Palmieri, who devised the relaunch series and the concept for Worlds, was inspired by past Trek world-building novels including The Final Reflection, Spock's World, The Romulan Way, and A Stitch in Time. (Voyages of Imagination, p. 269)
- Palmieri commented: "As part of the continuing effort to diversify this line of fiction, 2004 will see the publication of 'Worlds of Deep Space Nine,' a staggered miniseries of three double novels focusing on the different planets and peoples showcased in the DS9 saga. Each standalone story will immerse readers in a different alien culture while at the same time tying directly into the continuing storyline of the post-finale DS9 novels." 
- Michael A. Martin commented: "The idea behind the entire Worlds of DS9 series is to present these places with a degree of detail and reality never seen before - without delivering a boring Fodor's style travelogue. That was our guiding principle with the Trill story". (Voyages of Imagination)