The Yeager-type was a type of Intrepid-class variant, utilizing a standard Intrepid-class saucer section which is attached to a larger, and bulkier secondary hull. Two nacelles were attached to large wing-like appendages coming off the aft hull.
Ships of the class
- "Doctor Bashir, I Presume"
- "A Simple Investigation"
- "Blaze of Glory"
- "In the Cards"
- "Sacrifice of Angels"
- "The Magnificent Ferengi"
- "One Little Ship"
- "Honor Among Thieves"
- "Change of Heart"
- "Wrongs Darker Than Death or Night"
- "The Reckoning"
- "Profit and Lace"
- "The Sound of Her Voice"
- "Once More Unto the Breach"
- "It's Only a Paper Moon"
- "Prodigal Daughter"
- "Field of Fire"
- "Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang"
This listing is based on the name of the only known vessel of its type, the Yeager itself.
The Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Technical Manual describes this vessel as an Intrepid-class starship variant, describing it as being among the ships "constructed from salvaged components, components in work, and custom assemblies fabricated by the individual fleet yards."
The following specifications were given in the DS9 Technical Manual:
- Production Base: ASDB Integration Facility, Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards, Mars
- Type: Light Cruiser
- Accommodation: 204 officers and crew
- Power Plant: One 1,500 plus Cochrane warp core feeding two nacelles; one impulse system
- Dimensions: Length, 402.11 meters; beam, 195.64 meters; height, 58.69 meters
- Mass: 550,000 metric tonnes
- Performance: Warp 9.55 for twelve hours
- Armament: Seven type-8 phaser emitters; one photon torpedo launcher
According to issue #122 of the Star Trek: The Official Starships Collection, the Yeager-type was a Light cruiser with a length of 402.11 meters, an approximate crew of 204, and a top speed of warp 9.55. This class was equipped with phaser emitters, phaser cannons, and photon torpedoes. This resource states that Yeager was constructed from the saucer section of an Intrepid-class, and the rear hull of a Maquis raider.